WALTHAM, Mass., August 02, 2016 - Digital Guardian, a next generation data protection platform purpose built to stop data theft, today announced that the company experienced record breaking bookings for the first half of 2016.
“We continue to see the demand for next generation data protection increase as we experience significant growth across all areas of the business,” said Ken Levine, president and CEO of Digital Guardian. “We expect this momentum to continue throughout 2016 as we optimize our products and bolster our already talented sales and engineering teams.”
In addition to record breaking bookings, Digital Guardian now has more than 500 global customers while having nearly three million endpoint agents deployed in organizations around the world. Digital Guardian’s success in the first half of 2016 can be attributed to product innovation, its growing managed security program, the acquisition of highly talented security professionals, and the expansion of its international footprint.
Financial and Corporate Milestones
- Achieved 60% YoY growth in bookings compared to 1H 2015.
- 61% YoY growth in bookings for the managed service line of the business compared to 1H 2015.
- 85% YoY growth in new customers for the managed service line of the business compared to 1H 2015.
- Hired more than 85 employees globally to accelerate product development and innovation.
- Opened a new Reston, VA office to service its federal sales division’s growing presence.
- Opened a new office in Waltham, MA to support the company’s growing headcount including engineers and security professionals.
- Signed with Ignition in the UK, a channel security solutions provider, for faster time to value in the UK and EMEA channel markets.
- Expanded its strategic alliance with Atos, a global leader in information security services, by adding Network Data Loss Prevention to its offering.
- Named a “Leader” in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention.
- Received Highest Product Score for Intellectual Property Protection Use Case in Gartner’s 2016 Critical Capabilities Report for Enterprise Data Loss Prevention.
- Overall website traffic is up 220% compared to 1H 2015.
Advanced Threat Protection as a Managed Security Program Continues to Thrive
Following the launch of Digital Guardian’s Advanced Threat Protection as a Managed Security Program (ATP for MSP) in February, the program has seen continued growth and success under the leadership of the program’s cybersecurity director, Tim Bandos.
- There are currently more than 100,000 endpoints being constantly monitored for endpoint threats.
- More than 230,000 malicious processes are identified each week.
- More than 530,000 external threat intelligence IOCs have been deployed in Q2 alone.
- The ATP for MSP team has conducted a multitude of successful incident response engagements in Q2 that included surge support and advanced disc forensics.
International Engineering and Development Expansion
Digital Guardian opened a new development and engineering center in Hyderabad, India. This will be an integral part of the company’s global development centers and will focus on enhancing existing products. As an extension arm to the core engineering department, the Hyderabad Center will focus on enterprise product development, along with optimizing software security. The Hyderabad Center has already hired 30 talented employees and will look to grow to more than 150 in the next 18-24 months.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Digital Guardian
Digital Guardian is a next generation data protection platform designed to stop data theft. The Digital Guardian platform performs across the corporate network, traditional endpoints, mobile devices and cloud applications to make it easier to see and stop all threats to sensitive data. For more than 10 years, it has enabled data-rich organizations to protect their most valuable assets with an on premise deployment or an outsourced managed security program (MSP). Digital Guardian’s unique data awareness and transformative endpoint visibility, combined with behavioral threat detection and response, enables you to protect data without slowing the pace of your business. To learn more please visit: https://digitalguardian.com/
Contact InfoGregory Funaro