The Industry’s Only SaaS-Delivered Enterprise DLP
Our unique approach to DLP allows for quick deployment and on-demand scalability, while providing full data visibility and no-compromise protection.
No-Compromise Data Protection is:
- Cross Platform
- Flexible Controls
In the latest episode of the Digital Guardian podcast, Gunter Ollmann, CTO, Security (Cloud and AI) at Microsoft, describes how he got his start in infosec, what's driving cloud adoption, what CISOs transitioning to the cloud need to know, and more.
Welcome to Episode 23 of the Digital Guardian Podcast! On this episode our hosts Will Gragido and Chris Brook chat with Gunter Ollmann, CTO, Security (Cloud and AI) at Microsoft. Gunter discusses how he got his start in the infosec world, including stints at IOActive, NCC Group, Damballa, and IBM Internet Security Systems, the recent drive around cloud security adoption, threats CISOs need to be aware of while transitioning from network to the cloud, and more.
Highlights from this episode include:
- 01:04 - Gunter on how he got his start in security back in the late '90s
- 05:09 - Will asks Gunter what CTOs/CISOs need to double down on when it comes to enterprise-grade security in 2018/2019
- 11:25 - The topic of automation, the "self-defending network initiative," is discussed
- 13:50 - Gunter on how enterprises are seeing and using the cloud now
- 21:45 - Will asks Gunter about the transference of risk as it relates to cloud security
- 25:01 - How will GDPR impact cloud-based infrastructure?
- 27:56 - Where do CISOs need to be concerned when it comes to transitioning to the cloud?
- 31:56 - Gunter's thoughts on security scorecard services
- 39:27 - Chris asks Gunter how malware has evolved and what Microsoft is doing with passwords
Previously on the Digital Guardian Podcast
- Episode 22: Rob DuBois on Thinking Like An Adversary
- Episode 21: Andy Pendergast on Threat Intelligence
- Episode 20: Kai Roer on Building a Security Culture
- Episode 19: Brian Honan on How to Prepare for GDPR
- Episode 18: Christopher "Tophs" Elisan on Malware Trends
7 Steps for Preparing to Move Patient Data to the Cloud