Learn more about the fundamentals of data and information security in our Data Protection 101 Series
Welcome to Data Protection 101, our series on the fundamentals of data security. In this series you will find information on a wide array of topics that any security professional should be familiar with. This series is created to expand your knowledge, providing you with definitions, background information, examples, and best practices for the most important subject matter regarding data security.
Here are the links to all of the topics we have covered in this series:
- What is Cloud Account Hijacking?
- Cryptography in the Cloud: Securing Cloud Data with Encryption
- What is an Advanced Persistent Threat? APT Definition
- What is a Phishing Attack? Defining and Identifying Different Types of Phishing Attacks
- What is Insider Data Theft? Data Theft Definition, Statistics and Prevention Tips
- What is Device Control? A Device Control Definition
- What is Email Encryption?
- What is Data Exfiltration?
- What is ITAR Compliance?
- What is HIPAA Compliance?
- What is PCI Compliance?
- What is SOX Compliance?
- What is Application Control?
- What Is Data Encryption?
- What is Data Loss Prevention (DLP)? A Definition of Data Loss Prevention
- What is Application Whitelisting? An Application Whitelisting Definition
- What is an Insider Threat? An Insider Threat Definition
- What is Data Classification? A Data Classification Definition
- What is Endpoint Detection and Response? A Definition of Endpoint Detection & Response
- What is Data Integrity? Data Protection 101
- What is Endpoint Security? Data Protection 101
- What is Data Governance? Data Protection 101
- What is Endpoint Protection? Data Protection 101