Digital Guardian Podcast Episode 11: Data Integrity and the Downfall of AI with Davi Ottenheimer
MongoDB head of product security Davi Ottenheimer gives a forward-looking perspective on how technological advances like artificial intelligence and machine learning are changing enterprise security strategy in our latest podcast.
Anyone who made it to Black Hat or DEF CON this summer will likely tell you: machine learning and artificial intelligence are two of the hottest buzzwords in cybersecurity right now. In our latest podcast, special guest Davi Ottenheimer joins hosts Will Gragido, Thomas Fischer, and Tim Bandos to discuss the impact that these technologies are having on enterprise security strategy today and into the future. As always, you can listen and subscribe to our podcast via SoundCloud or iTunes to keep up with new episodes every month.
Highlights from this episode include:
- 1:20 - How technological developments like machine learning and artificial intelligence are affecting data confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- 5:55 - Self-driving cars as an example of some of the issues and limitations of current ML/AI technologies
- 11:45 - How these issues serve as an analogy for reactive cybersecurity strategies that are still common today
- 15:30 - How cybersecurity strategy has changed and evolved within the technology sector over the years
- 24:15 - Davi's predictions for the next disruptive technology in cybersecurity
- 28:10 - The consequences that can result when new technologies are adopted without accounting for security