WALTHAM, Mass., September 14, 2016 - Digital Guardian, a next generation data protection platform purpose built to stop data theft, today announced its integration with HPE SecureMail for automated email classification, data loss prevention, and encryption. The integrated solution supports both on-premise and cloud versions of HPE SecureMail, and helps enterprises simplify regulatory compliance and data protection deployments.
Despite the rise of text messaging and social media, email remains the primary method for business communication. Email is also a main channel for the leakage of sensitive data, whether through a sophisticated socially-engineered phishing attack, a malicious insider or simple human error. An integrated data loss prevention strategy with end-to-end email encryption is essential in preventing sensitive data from being exposed.
“We chose to integrate with HPE SecureMail because of their experience in protecting sensitive information for many of the largest financial services, insurance and healthcare organizations in the world,” said Doug Bailey, Chief Strategy Officer, Digital Guardian. “The combination of our shared experience and technology innovations will ensure customers get a best-in-class solution for their compliance and email security needs.”
Digital Guardian delivers a library of pre-defined, industry specific policies to help organizations easily discover, tag and classify sensitive data to comply with regulatory requirements. Once the sensitive data has been identified, HPE SecureMail protects the data in transit by encrypting and authenticating the email and contents to ensure the email recipient is the intended party.
“Organizations need an integrated and automated solution to protect email without slowing the speed of business, adding complexity or creating new security gaps,” said Albert Biketi, VP and GM of HPE Security – Data Security at Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “Digital Guardian’s integration with HPE SecureMail addresses these challenges while offering corporations a best of breed approach to automated email classification, data loss prevention and encryption.”
Key Benefits of Digital Guardian & HPE SecureMail Integration
- Enable Secure Communications – Provides simple, secure communication to protect PII, PHI, and other sensitive information from external exposure and non-compliance penalties.
- Supports Compliance – Delivers data-centric security solutions to customers that must meet PCI, HIPAA and other regulatory compliance.
- Automates Data Security Policy Protection – No change in workflow for users; encryption happens automatically based on pre-defined classification rules to eliminate mistakes and protect against malicious insiders.
- Eliminates Security Gaps – Connecting security solutions eliminates gaps when handoffs occur, connecting HPE SecureMail and Digital Guardian DLP creates a best of breed pair for the ultimate in secure communication.
The integrated solution is available now. For more information please click here.
Digital Guardian Activities at HPE Protect 2016
In addition to Digital Guardian announcing its integration with HPE SecureMail, the company will be participating in two speaking tracks:
- “The One Constant in Security: The Bad Guys Want Your Data”
- September 15 at 1:45pm to 2:45pm ET
- Participants: Connie Stack, CMO, Digital Guardian, Doug Bailey, CSO, Digital Guardian, Scott Fitzpatrick, SE, Digital Guardian
- “Threat Hunting with HP ArcSight & Digital Guardian”
- September 15 at 11:45am to 12:15pm ET
- Participants: Jeremy Hutton, Security Consultant, Digital Guardian
- Cyber Security Hall Theater
Digital Guardian will also be showcasing its interoperability with HPE Security ArcSight in booth SB24. The increased interoperability delivers enhanced visibility of endpoint security and DLP events in HPE Security ArcSight, as well as endpoint response, including quarantine and black/white listing directly from the HPE Security ArcSight console.
About Digital Guardian
Digital Guardian is a next generation data protection platform designed to stop data theft. The Digital Guardian platform performs across the corporate network, traditional endpoints, mobile devices and cloud applications to make it easier to see and stop all threats to sensitive data. For more than 10 years, it has enabled data-rich organizations to protect their most valuable assets with an on premise deployment or an outsourced managed security program (MSP). Digital Guardian’s unique data awareness and transformative endpoint visibility, combined with behavioral threat detection and response, enables you to protect data without slowing the pace of your business. To learn more please visit: https://digitalguardian.com/