It's on! Vote on our Sales vs. Marketing Video Throwdown

Sales and marketing are at it again! The competitive nature at Digital Guardian has led to a friendly video competition between our sales and marketing teams.

Last week it was Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, this week it's sales vs. marketing. Justin Bortnick, an ambitious member of our sales team, has put together a new Digital Guardian overview video. This video gives the marketing team's current overview video a run for its money. Below you will find both videos - give them a watch and then cast your vote on which one you like best! Don't forget to let us know why you chose that video in the comments section.

Here's the marketing team's "Why Digital Guardian?" video:

And here is the the rival video, compliments of Justin, titled "Security's Change Agent":

Thanks for watching and don't forget to vote!

Brandon Vasciannie

Pam (not verified) | May 06, 2015 1:16 pm

I vote for the Marketing video.

Jarrod (not verified) | May 06, 2015 1:54 pm

Its fun and bouncy

Matt Taylor (not verified) | May 06, 2015 2:11 pm

SCA has much better flow, and keeps the viewers attention through visual stimulation. It was very creative and entertaining to watch.

WDG lost my attention very quickly and felt like a slog to watch through.

Jamal Q. (not verified) | May 06, 2015 2:12 pm

I voted for Justin's "Security's Change Agent". It is by far the best. No contest.

Rob Hapner (not verified) | May 06, 2015 2:16 pm

Love the graphics and product overview. Marketing version too wordy, but decent. Overall sales wins this round.

greg johnson (not verified) | May 06, 2015 2:54 pm

Marketing communicates agent with oversight of all events, but Justin's is more captivating and the iceberg and egress pipes imagery are powerful.

Patty Clark (not verified) | May 06, 2015 3:10 pm

I agree: It's fun and bouncy.

Bob Saccamano (not verified) | May 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Big ice berg fan

Sarah (not verified) | May 06, 2015 3:58 pm

I like SCA better the message is clear and the video is fun and awesome!

KidKalik (not verified) | May 06, 2015 4:36 pm

Security's Change Agent is a masterpiece. Clear message, takes a very mundane topic and makes it fun. The hamburgler guy is a bit over used... outside of that it is fabulous.

Gregg (not verified) | May 06, 2015 4:56 pm

The first video lays out a true vision.

Gryphon (not verified) | May 06, 2015 6:59 pm

I liked both. The first one is more like a demo and the second one is fun and keeps you engaged. I voted for the second one.

Chris (not verified) | May 06, 2015 7:01 pm

I voted for Justin's Video and I will explain. I don't work at DG, and honestly, didn't have any idea what you do. The marketing video uses a lot of words and movement, but most of the talk track went right past me. I walked away from that video without understanding what you do. This is a pretty common internal Marketing issue. We, as marketers and company stakeholders, start to talk our own language and forget that others don't. Sales spends time actually communicating with customers in real language, constantly refining the message we, as marketers, give them. Justin's video presented a clear message, from which I learned what pain points DG addresses and how DG cures them. No big words or technical concepts... just an explanation of the perceived pain of target customers and how to solve it with DG. It is critical that Marketing get into the field to hear the message in the wild, and see the reaction. (Oh, and I am a CMO, not a sales person, lest you think I'm biased towards sales messaging).

Ron Ferguson (not verified) | May 06, 2015 7:17 pm

This is pretty amazing, can't believe that Sales made that. I think SCA nailed the branding and messaging! Great Job.

Donnie Smooth (not verified) | May 07, 2015 12:57 pm

No brainer people. Justin's video rules. Love the personality and transitions, well thought out.

Dave (not verified) | May 07, 2015 12:57 pm

SCA tells an engaging visual story for a relatively mundane topic, and also provides an easy-to-follow explanation of the digital security landscape. Nailed it.

Colton Crum (not verified) | May 07, 2015 1:04 pm

The second video is by far better. First video immediately lost my attention, slow animation and very boring. Second video is very informational, while giving pleasing graphics to help keep my attention. Not really a comparison between the two, second video takes the cake.

Ally Pike (not verified) | May 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Justin's is right to the point, gives deeper detals and keeps you engaged, I could easily show an end user this video and they would better understand it and know what DG does.

Neil (not verified) | May 07, 2015 6:20 pm

The two stories are almost identical. Would like to see some differentiation in the content.

Dima (not verified) | May 15, 2015 11:41 am

SCA is twice as short and this is its main advantage. Otherwise I like more marketing video.
However SCA has couple good things: iceberg for example.

Bonnie (not verified) | June 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Definitely, Justins

Please post your comments here

Digital Guardian Technical Overview

Learn how Digital Guardian’s advanced technology works to secure your sensitive data regardless of the threat.

Download now